Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blog #6: Photography Techniques

Rule of Thirds:
I think this technique enhances the photo because it sort of focuses the main thing you want to look at in the middle. Instead of seeing them cut off the screen or somewhere in the corner, it's in the middle. I also think this helps because you have a clear image and clear background. You know your subject and you know you're background.

Posed Portraits:
This enhances a photo because it gives a sense of drama in it. I'm not sure if movement is part of this image or not, but posed portraits happen all the time. I think it also gives emotion to the subject, almost like "that moment in time" feeling. I suppose if done professionally, it could give the "timeless" feel to the image.

Reflections:
I wanted to do this to reflect personality. I think this is a good technique for the right idea or the right image. This sort of adds drama to the picture or a sense of "split personality" or "identity" feel. For example, if someone was looking in the water and it reflected them self, the first thing I would think of is the whole "this is who I am on the outside" cheesy feel. For reflections of background or scenery, it gives a graceful feeling of equality or beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment