Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blog #16

From Magda's Blog, I learned that camera angle and perspective is a key aspect in getting a good image. I was looking at the pictures she posted and her theme about showing the influences from people on water and I think those pictures did reflect that idea. The images were elegantly taken, but have a rustic human-made feel to it. It showed the natural beauty of nature but added the human influence without making it look ugly and displeasing. Instead, they added it delicately, but you still feel a unbalance from the picture. This taught me that when the Calendar group is picking pictures, we want to pick pictures that portrays and message and not only shows something. We are going to have a caption, but the picture should already explain itself or at least give the viewer some sort of emotion.

From David's Blog, I learned about a straight forward approach. A lot of the examples he used and what he said about them were very to the point. I like the way he first organized his ideas. I think this would be useful for the calendar when we are sorting through captions and other text. Having them all written out so they somehow relate to each other is a good way to organize. Also, in his examples, he took student work and noted the things he liked. I think this pointed me in a direction to see what students that were the same age as me could pull off and how I may be able to increase the quality of work.

From Lupe's Blog, I loved the idea of using trash to make a sculpture. I think it was a fresh idea and if I wasn't doing the calendar, I would have definitely given this a try. I think being abstract and creative really shows people that trash can be used in different ways. Instead of ending up in the stomach of a bird like in the picture from class, it can changed into a work of art. This one was seriously a good idea and I think it is a great idea for a project.


No comments:

Post a Comment