Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Blog #7

Predict how companies or industries similar to the one that you worked at during internship would have fared during the Great Depression. Would your company have thrived or sunk? Why?
I'm actually not sure if there were cleaning referral agencies back then. Even so, I think it would be in trouble because there were more of the house-wife kind of people who may think getting their house cleaned is a luxury. However, knowing the confidence of my mentor, she would still find a way to keep to the surface. Even so, I think all the companies suffered during the Great Depression. It was mostly affecting small businesses too, so I definitely think my internship would've been affected. It actually may have been better off then other businesses though because Christine did make a great point about mothers going to work and the house not getting cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment