Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blog #11

Write an open letter to a particular leader (or leading group of people) in which you outline specific advice to improve the American/Californian/local/other economy. Choose a leader that represents a group or place that you are interested in—you might pick the President, the Governor, a corporate leader, local government officials, small businesses, etc.

Dear President,
I realize it has passed a year since you've been elected. Even so, I don't see huge change in the country. Gas prices have gone up, then gone down, but then they go back to how they were. Prices on basic supplies are slowly but surely rising and tax has become even more noticeable. I've frequently purchased a 25 cent water bottle from Trader Joe's, however, the tax has gone from five cents a bottle to nine. I can only imagine how tough tax must be on the heavier consumers.

Due to the constant spending, debts and loans have increased significantly. I now worry about the financial stability of how I'm living now. It persuades me to consider going to school and having a job at the same time, having very little time to work on the ideas I have for business. Many people are starting to feel this way. With the unemployment rate going up and jobs becoming scarce, who knows when adults will start aggressively fighting with children for jobs. People with Bachelor and Doctorate degrees are forced to work in areas that is below their intelligence level. Makes you wonder, "What was the point of going to school and spending all the time and money? For what, a job that is lower then your educational standard?"

I propose you directly talk to the banks. If we are to pass blame the banks for the recession, why aren't we guiding them in the direction to fix it? By talking to the banks and guiding them with the resources, I believe that they will pull themselves out of the slums. Instead of giving them a large amount of money to do whatever they want with, give them the money but on a leash. Mis-communication will be the downfall to America and I hope not to reach the dangerous point. If things are seperated, that will only hurt us. But to able us to move forward and pull ourselves out of the recession, work and clear communication from all parts of the economy are needed.

The free time you have to read this is scarce. I keep it simple, a thought that I hope you carry with you while you're persuading Congress to get on board with the changes. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Audrey Le

No comments:

Post a Comment