Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blog #15

* Technology (like nuclear energy)
I think technology was interesting because it leads to a lot of other topics. I mean, not technology individually, but many things relating to it. For example, I liked the whole rational theory that since we have good technology and dangerous bombs, rational people wouldn't attack us. It sort of shows how important technology is. If we had bad weapons that weren't very intimidating, I suppose the method we're using now wouldn't work because there would be no leverage. Some of the things I know now was that the atomic bomb on Hiroshima was the first use of nuclear weapons. It wiped out like... 150 thousand people and left thousands more with radiation poisoning. It's amazing how something with that much destructive power actually exists.

Some things I would like to learn about technology is how is turned on the creator or the user. For example, I remember learning about Chlorine Gas used in the war, but sometimes, if the wind was towards the allied side, the people who let loose the gas would be the ones inflicted. I'm more interested in how these weapons are set up and what circumstances they must be in to be affective. What sort of weather? What kind of task are they best used for? Things like that, I think, would be interesting to now on a case by case basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment