Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Second Semester Blog #1

One high quality interview I thought was interesting was the one with Gini in Pixar. Another one I liked was the interview with Jan who wrote and directed "Geri's Game" which was a short Pixar film.

I think professionals create interviews by incorporating a lot of small aspects. I think wording is the thing that is looked for the most in interviews. Even if you change one word in a sentence, you can throw off the whole meaning of what the person was really trying to say. The responses to the interview questions also have personality. What was purposely left in there are times were little side notes saying that the interviewee might have been laughing at the time or they might have done an action while saying something at the time. I think this is important for the interview in general because, to me at least, it lightened the mood to the interview. Instead of just nodding going, "Uh huh.. uh huh.." I would actually smile if he laughed a little while he was making a joke.

I think another thing is making sure you get the meaning correctly. Getting back to the person you interviewed can bring light to better ways to word things since interviews are difficult when it's on the spot. Another thing I found interesting was how it flowed. When I read it, it was more like they were telling me an opinion of theirs and less like, "Well, it's definitely like this." which led room for you to agree or disagree. I think that personalized reading a little more. Also, when someone is talking about what kind of work they did, of course they'd be proud of it! I'm sure the interviewee wants to give out a feeling of accomplishment or how they felt working on it through their interview and sometimes adding little sounds or overall wording in it is a way that sets a good tone that helps the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment