Monday, September 21, 2009

Blog #8: Media Saves the Beach ideas

An idea that I wanted to do while we were on this topic was doing some sort of project that really maximized the effects of litter and how it could influence the environment. One strong issue that could be a good basis of the project is, somehow, having a video showing where a single piece of trash can go from the ground to the ocean. Perhaps it could be like an animation or a video about where trash travels.

I'm not sure about specific ideas I would have for Media Saves the Beach since I'm still not well informed about it. One of the things I am looking forward to though is the water sampling. We did a sewer science segment last year and it was actually a very interesting project. I honestly don't know if our class is good enough to make a flash website like last year did. The website idea was a really good way to keep people informed digitally instead of giving them a whole informed lecture about the project.

Like I said before, I think the idea of following a piece of trash around and giving specifics of where it goes is important. One of the things about the beach is that a many people don't see what a single piece of trash can do. I remember seeing a guy who threw a cup of soda out the window and it angered me to see how irresponsible people were.

No comments:

Post a Comment